It’s amazing to me how music holds SO many memories! I have a couple of playlists on Project Playlist My Main playlist is a mixture of ALL kinds of music.. I love it. I have country, 80’s and 90’s… Hip Hop, etc. But SO many of the songs take me back.. Some good memories, some not so good.
1. ANYTHING by Backstreet Boys makes me think of one of my oldest friends, LM (no names to protect people’s privacy)! We listened to them ALL the time! 🙂
2. One Headlight by The Wallflowers — Two siblings of LM… I bought that CD one time when LM was out of town with her Mom and brother, and we were keeping the younger two. 🙂
3. Pimp Juice by Nelly… This is NOT a good song.. But I laugh when I hear it. The Summer I got married, my ex husband and I used to listen to it ALL the time…. And while driving, he did ALL the motions to the song.. it was REALLY quite comical! 🙂
4. 1 2 3 4 by Coolio– In High School one of my friends and I did the youth group video announcements.. LOL! We did another rendition to this song… Our youth group was named MAD DOG MINISTRIES back then, so we sang “1 2 3 4 get your mad dog on the floor….” 🙂 It was hilarious… To US! LOL!
5. ANYTHING by Fergie! 🙂 My DEAR friend, AS… I LOVE HER! And we sang EVERY song by Fergie! LOL!!!!! We had the whole CD down! It’s still a favorite of mine! Even her son got in to it. LOL!
The next 3 are all memories from high school.. with my most bestest friend EVER ..LOL! MT
6. Don’t Speak by No Doubt
7. Counting Blue Cars by Dishwalla
8. Doing It Well by LL Cool J
9. Tonight, Tonight by Smashing Pumpkins… JS, JS and DS, and MT…. one of the JS died the Summer of 1996. he used to sing that song A LOT!!! 🙂 I can’t hear it without thinking of him
10. Wrong by Depeche Mode…. This song makes me think of my ex boyfriend AZ. We used to listen to this song in the car ALL THE TIME.. Depeche Mode was his favorite band, and we used to listen to this in the car, getting pumped up to go out! LOL!
11. Lost In Your Eyes by Debbie Gibson.. DW.. When this song came out we were just kids and she got the CD… We listened to it constantly! 🙂 LOVE IT!
You know there’s a ton left. LOL! I just REALLY don’t have time to sit and think about all of them….. But I just sit here and I am taken back to “those days”. Some of the memories, like I said before, are good.. Others, not so much!
Another thing that sets off memories for me is scents. My very first love wore Tommy. I can’t smell that without thinking of him. My ex husband wore Very Sexy & Aqua Di Gio… Ya wanna know the funny thing? I dated the last guy for a year and I can’t tell you what cologne he wore. LOL!
Very Sexy for her is the perfume I bought in Salem, Oregon Oct.2009… My best friends kids KNEW me by that smell!
Tide laundry detergent, pinesol & bacon is what my Grandma’s house smells like in TN. 🙂 It is by far one of my ALL TIME favorite smells! If Scentsy made a scent bar that smelled like that, I’d buy it all!!!
Anyways.. This is a SUPER random post.. But just something I thought about while listening to old music! 🙂
Speaking of OLD music.. Bohemian Rhapsody came on the radio the other day, on 98Kool.. an Oldies station.. HAHA! It definitely made me feel REALLY, REALLY old! I AM getting old… I’m about to be 33! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! For our birthdays, our whole family goes out to eat… MY CHOICE, of course.. I’m thinking Chuys! 🙂 We’ll see…
You know I can’t post without saying something about SCENTSY… 🙂 Well we are having a HUGE, HUGE sale…. ALL Scentsy BUDDIES are BUY ONE GET ONE FREE… This sale started yesterday and goes until December 31st.. BUT… It’s ONLY while supplies last, and these things are going like stinking crazy!!!! You need to get online & order yours RIGHT NOW! You get to choose two buddies and one scent, and then Scentsy will choose your other scent! 🙂 This is so exciting! I’m already over my first goal this month, and I’d LOVE to make it to my next goal! Who wants to place an order???? These will be GREAT Christmas gifts, birthday gifts, or baby shower gifts! Buy a few of them & put them up in the closet to take down for a shower! PERFECT! 🙂 Order yours RIGHT NOW, RIGHT HERE…. https://sherilync.scentsy.us/Scentsy/MultiPack?sku=SY-KIT-BOGO
You will definitely regret not ordering these now! They’re adorable, and snuggly, and even better…they smell good!!!!!! 🙂
I hope y’all have a GREAT rest of the week!!!!! Thanks for reading!!! 🙂